We want to hear from you!
Please make sure to take 5-10 minutes to take the club survey.
Club Survey (extended close to Sunday, Nov 2nd, 6pm)
If you played Academy, we want you to do both the Club and Academy survey, please
Academy Survey (closes on Tuesday, Nov 4th, 6pm)
The NSSC U11 Flames are proud to offer you the chance to get customized NSSC gear! We are teaming up with Keith & Co in Princeton, IA to offer some very nice merchandise in the form of NSSC spirit wear for you, your child, siblings, grandparents (would make great Christmas gifts) and there are NO SHIPPING CHARGES!
Not only are you supporting the club, but also a local business…it’s a win-win. Attached are order forms and the brochure of what you can purchase. Please pay special attention to the color offerings as they are noted (depending upon your display settings, some of the gray offerings may appear black) each color is named for you as well as the price and size offerings.
These are the ONLY color offerings we are going to be ordering this time around. We anticipate a great turn out, so maybe more color choices in the future?
What you need to know:
1. for ALL clothing items (does not include the hats or headbands), you have a choice of logo. There is the standard NSSC shield logo…and there is a soccer ball logo that says ‘North Scott Soccer Club’ around the ball. If you like, you are also able to customize the number you want INSIDE the soccer ball (additional $2), how cool is that!?
Hats and headband will come with the NSSC Shield logo ONLY
2. Two parents from the U11 NSSC Flames will be at 350 Grille in Eldridge on the 4th and 6th of November, from 5:30 to 8pm, to take your orders…go vote, then come by to buy some gear on the 4th, or stop by on the 6th…we plan to be at the first table in the bar seating area.
3. We will have order forms available for you, but they are also attached here, please make checks payable to “NSSC Flames”
4. additional customization?? YES! You can have a number and/or name screen printed on the back of your clothing items only, for an additional fee (number is $2, name is $5)
5. Orders will be collected and given to Keith & Co by November the 10th. We expect a 3 week turn around time and will plan to distribute merchandise at the Eldridge library on December the 4th. We will contact all people who placed orders to confirm time, date and location.
Please support your NSSC and show off your pride by purchasing some spirit wear!
any questions or concerns, please contact Bill Stratman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSSC spirit (1)
Monday, Oct 6th, 6pm at American Electric
Coaches / Team reps are not required at this meeting, but feel free to attend if you have something to present.
Online registration begins September 1
Indoor Soccer Fall Registration Officially opens on September 1st for online registrations ONLY!!
To Register visit us online at www.cityofdavenportiowa.com/park
(Must pay in full online)
If you don’t want to pay in full online on Sep 1, beginning September 2nd, you can register with just a $100 deposit.
- Call us at 563-328-PARK (7275)
- In person at the Rivers’ Edge 700 W River Dr.
- Or register online at www.cityofdavenportiowa.com/park (Still must pay in full online)
News For this Winter!!
- We are set to replace the current turf in October for a brand new play surface this winter!!
- We now can accept Player registrations under each captain to have precise Rosters for each team.
- Player Cards will be mandatory for each player to ensure that teams are playing fair. (These will be available to purchase at the Edge, and at the cost of $5 per player, but will come with discounted drop in soccer rates so you make your money right back).
Leagues Offered this Season:
- Coed on Sundays
- Women’s on Wednesdays
- Men’s on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Girls on Sunday and Mondays
- Boys on Fridays and Mondays
- U-10 upper/lower Saturday Mornings
- U-12 Girls/Boys Saturday late mornings to early afternoon
- U-14 Girls/Boys Saturday late afternoon to evening
I was notified that due to IA City 6v6 this weekend (great tournament!) and some of the longer Illowa drives, that this time frame did not work for everyone.
Still wanting to do this, I’d like instead to attend one of your practices and go over your specific topics you’d like covered in that time. This will be more personalized for you and your team.
Requested topics to cover
- Defensive position
- Recognizing off sides
- Field Positioning
- Plus a few small items of my own
There will be a FREE goalkeeper clinic at the field in Eldridge by the veterinarian office / McDonalds on
Sunday, August 17 from 4:00-5:00 PM run by Ed Knupp. His Quad City Goalkeeper Academy has helped develop over 50 area goalkeepers including three that currently compete at the collegiate level.
Rescheduled (same place) to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 5:30-6:30 this week!
Coaches are also welcome to attend as well since there will be some good drills demonstrated that we can run our players through at our normal practices.
The NSSC U10 Lancers ’04-’05 had two teams in the NSSC U15 Vengeance 3v3 Chill Out Tournament, Team Warm and Team Cell. They met in the championship game with Team Cell winning 3-2 in a very competitive and exciting match.
This is the second year in a row that the NSSC Lancers ’04-’05 have won this tournament at their age group.
In the attached photo: Team Cell is in the Front Row (L-R) Lexi Ward, Avala Faber, Rayna Gottschalk, Bailey Boddicker, Cella Hanssen, Paige Copp. Team Warm is in the Middle Row (L-R) Taylor Oetzmann, Reese Hilsenbeck, Anna Marple, Sophie Solis, Bella Warm. Back Row (L-R) Coach David Cell and Coach Zach Warm.
Saturday, Aug 2nd
Both the 9AM and the 10:30 Session.
Not at the HS Pitch, but will be held at Sheridan Meadows
This is the last one of the Summer. You’ve learned a lot and thank you for your support!
Tuesday, July 22 at 6PM at the Eldridge Library
- What is the academy system
- How it differs from normal league play
- Why the academy system is the better system for younger players
- Discuss how switching to an academy system impacts practice design
- Get excited about producing higher quality young players
Last year’s 3v3 tournament was a great success – so it’s happening again on Aug 16th!
3 v 3 Chill Out Rules
3 v 3 Waiver&Registration2014